Why Switch Later When You Can Benefit from Dental Implants Now?
With all the advancements in dental technology in recent years, today’s patients have the benefit of being more in control of their customizable dental treatment with dental implants. Many patients with dentures have made the switch over to dental implants or implant supported dentures to improve their oral health and quality of life. Come see Dr. Kit Robinson if you would like to make the switch to tooth implants from dentures in Hahira, GA.
When you lose a tooth, the surrounding jawbone starts to immediately deteriorate without the stimulation of the root. Over time, wearing dentures and partials will become increasingly difficult and painful if not eventually impossible. A tooth implant is a permanent solution to a missing tooth. It will not fall out and the titanium post integrates with your jawbone stimulating the bone cells and preserving existing bone levels.
Tooth Implants vs. Dentures
When compared, it is easy to see the benefits of choosing dental implants over dentures to replace your missing teeth.
- Preserves your jaw bone
- Customizable- You can replace one missing tooth or several missing teeth.
- Made of titanium- decay-resistant and compatible with your body
- Stable- Dental implants are surgically placed and integrate with your jawbone. They function very much like your natural teeth.
- Long-term permanent solution- with professional maintenance and proper at-home care, dental implants may never need replacing.
- No preservation of jawbone
- Most ideal only when replacing many or all teeth
- Made of metal, plastic, and acrylic that can irritate your gums and soft tissue
- Removable- at risk of falling out when eating or talking or make embarrassing clicking noises
- Most likely will need regular repair and replacement
If you have dentures in Hahira, GA and would like to learn more about your options to replace missing teeth permanently, call Dr. Robinson’s office to schedule a consultation at your earliest convenience.