Sleep Apnea Treatment in Hahira, GA
If you suspect that you or a loved one is suffering from sleep apnea it is important that you seek treatment immediately. Sleep apnea is considered a serious health condition that, if left untreated, can lead to high blood pressure and increase your chances of heart failure and stroke. Dr. Kit Robinson provides his patients with sleep apnea treatment in Hahira, GA.
Treatment for Sleep Apnea
Treatment for sleep apnea is based on how severe your condition is. Dr. Robinson will be able to assess your risk factors and symptoms to diagnose your sleep apnea and decide what the best course of treatment will be for your particular needs. Treatment does not necessarily need to be invasive. For instance, Dr. Robinson can custom make a sleep apnea mouthpiece or treatment can be as simple as changing lifestyle habits. Treatment options for sleep apnea include:
- Change of lifestyle habits- you might be instructed to lose weight, avoid excessive alcohol consumption, stop smoking, or avoid lying on your back while sleeping.
- Anti-snoring cushion- a device worn like a backpack during sleep that prevents you from rolling onto your back.
- Sleep apnea mouthpiece- designed to position your mouth during sleep in such a way that it prevents your throat from becoming blocked
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment- a plastic mask attached to a flexible hose designed with a small air blower to keep airways open while asleep
- Surgery- If your case of sleep apnea is severe and you are not experiencing any improvement from using a sleep apnea mouthpiece, you may need surgery to finally correct the issue. These extreme cases are rare.
Sleep apnea can be very detrimental to your health and those who suffer from this serious health condition should seek treatment as soon as possible. Call Dr. Robinson’s office to schedule a consultation at your earliest convenience.